One of my favourite crafty things to do is to play with Distress Paints and today I thought of incorporating the card I’ve made for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge into a mixed media series that I’m doing on my channel. Do check out the video at the end of this post.
I’m really pleased with how the card turned out and all the different techniques I applied to the Distress Paints. I especially love the mixed media backgrounds I worked on and the Tim Holtz Crazy Birds stamp set was pretty cute too. I only have 3 of those birds in my set. It was one of those “made for Michaels” (or was it JoAnns?) sets that came with the coordinating dies too.
This is probably one of the cutest cards I’ve made 🙂
List of products:
– Tim Holtz Distress Paint
– Tim Holtz Distress Ink
– Faber Castell Gesso
– Tim Holtz stencil (Dot Fade)
– TCW stencil (scripty words)
– Simon Says Stamp Celebrate Stamp & Die Set
– Tim Holtz Crazy Birds Stamp & Die Set
– Papertrey Ink “birthday” die cut
– Taylored Expressions “postage stamp” nesting dies
– Ranger Texture Paste
– Ranger Archival Ink in Black
– Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold
– Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen in S
– Mini blending tool
Hope you enjoy the video and thanks for watching!
Direct link to video: Distress Paints Birthday Card | Mixed Media Techniques