The lovely Charlie of heycharlieblog.com was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award and thought it was a fun thing to do. The Liebster Award is passed around from blogger to blogger, and is great way to network and get to know a person better. It’s supposed to be awarded to blogs with a following of around 200 to 3000 followers. But in all honesty, I have absolutely no idea what other bloggers’ followings are and have not even counted mine. Hehehe… So I’m just nominating blogs I like 🙂
The rules are simple:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 bloggers to do the same
4. Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they have been nominated
11 Random Facts
1. I am quite proficient at playing the piano and saxophone but I sold off my sax in college and kinda want it back now.
2. I used to knit a lot and really ought to pick up my needles and start a project again (I’m ‘knitties’ on Ravelry).
3. My husband and I have been together for 20 years and married for 11.
4. I like watching documentaries.
5. I like reading fantasy.
6. I seem to have an allergy to red wine and to some extent white wine and champagne. I’ll start sneezing and my eyes will water.
7. Thank goodness I’m fine with beer. My favourite is dark ale.
8. I don’t eat durian. For a Malaysian, that’s almost unheard of.
9. I thought of growing up to be a jazz singer when I was 9.
10. My husband and I really want to attend a Mike Oldfield concert but his last performance was in 2008. We’ve been fans for more than 20 years.
11. I used to draw my own comics in high school and now I can’t even doodle to save my life.
And to answer questions from Charlie:
1. What song always gets you on the dance floor? Dynamite by Taio Cruz. I listen to this whenever I’m on the elliptical or treadmill. Seems to get me going! This is one of the few pop music I play. I usually listen to 80s rock or 90s grunge.
2. If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Oh, this is tough because I love a variety. If I had to pick one thing, it will probably be a good beef stew.
3. What book are you reading right now? Corporate and management books. Not kidding.
4. A long-lost relative leaves you a large sum of money. What do you do with it? I will definitely invest in another property.
5. What makes you smile? Baby animals. I have a soft spot for cute, furry little things.
6. Gold or silver? I am starting to appreciate gold a bit more these days. I like gold accents here and there.
7. Three favourite online shopping websites. eBay, Amazon and iHerb.
8. What’s your favourite season of the year? And why? Autumn. It’s cool but not too cold. This is our preferred season to travel to. Malaysia is a tropical country that sits very close to the Equator and we do not get four seasons here, only rain or shine.
9. Beach, city or jungle? Erm, I would say mountain? My husband and I would love to retire up in the mountains somewhere. As long as there’s internet and a postal service, we’ll be fine.
10. What’s your favourite way to veg out and take sometime for yourself? Getting a massage or a pedicure, which reminds me… I have to book a session at a spa sometime soon.
11. Brad Pitt or George Clooney? Why isn’t Hugh Jackman on the list? Between the two, I’d probably pick Brad Pitt because I liked him in Snatch. I haven’t watched many George Clooney movies except for the Oceans series.
The 11 blogs I nominate:
- Jo from jo-throughthekeyhole.blogspot.com
- Joanny from imachoccakeaholic.blogspot.com
- Becks from justkeeppinning.com
- Kristy from giftieetcetera.com
- Ana from wellappointeddesk.com
- Mae from inkdpaperbymae.blogspot.com
- Carla from yayforfridays.com
- KerrieLynn from sparklefrogs.com
- Joey from sojoey.com
- Nadia from lettersinnovember.blogspot.com
- Andrea from themintgreenpolkadot.com
My questions for you:
1. What’s your drink of choice?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. Who inspires you the most?
4. Which historical event would you have liked to witness in person?
5. What is your favourite food?
6. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
7. What is your favourite tv show, past or present?
8. What is your favourite pastime when you’re alone?
9. What is your favourite dessert?
10. If you could travel back in time to a particular decade in the 20th century, what would it be and why?
11. What was the last thing you bought?
I really hope you had as much fun as I did and enjoy reading the nominated blogs too!